7.2. PRU ICSS Profibus Slave Release Notes¶
The PRU-ICSS Profibus slave package provides the foundation that facilitate application software development for PROFIBUS slave on TI Sitara Embedded Processors with PRU-ICSS HW IP
Please refer to the software manifest, which outlines the licensing status for all packages included in this release. The manifest can be found on the SDK download pge or in the installed directory as indicated below.
- Software Developer Guide: Provides information on features, functions, delivery package and, compile tools for the release. This also provides detailed information regarding software elements and software infrastructure to allow developers to start creating applications.
- Getting Started Guide: Provides information on getting the software and running basic examples/demonstrations bundled in the package.
- User Guide:Provides basic information on the applications
- Profibus Slave Datasheet: Data sheet contains information about the capabilities of the solution, certification information (if applicable), memory and pin mux information. It can be found in the ‘docs’ folder in the installation directory. The directory structure is shown in the user guide here
- Software Manifest:: Provides license information on software included in the package. This document can be found in the ‘docs’ folder in the installation directory. The directory structure is shown in the user guide here
- EVM Quick Start Guide:: Provides information on hardware setup and running the demonstration application that is loaded on flash. This document is provided as part of the EVM kit.
Released June 2018
- PRU-ICSS Profibus Slave Software support for AMIC11x and AM437x
- PRU-ICSS Profibus Slave Software support on AM437x/AMIC12x ICSS0(ICSS_L)
- Watchdog Support added in Firmware to detect Host CPU crash
- Network Topology: Linear bus with and without termination
- supports the cyclic PROFIBUS-DP(DPV0) and the enhancements to DP (DPV1) for acyclic services
- Transmission speed
- 9.6Kbaud to 12Mbaud
- Data transfer services:
- Send data with or without Acknowledge
- Send and request Data with Reply
- Send and request data with reply
- Telegram size up to 244 bytes
- Automatic baud rate detection
- Standard (6 bytes) and Extended (Max 22 bytes) supported
- Conformance certified PRU-ICSS firmware binary
- SYNC and UNSYNC commands as well as FREEZE and UNFREEZE command Supported
- Integrated with TMG stack evaluation version
|PINDSW-2425||AM335x,AM437x,AMIC11x and AM57xx||Shadow region configuration for the PRU DMA channel is incorrect|
Details of key interface changes in the package from the previous release
|Firmware requires L3 Shared structure base address to be configured by the application||Firmware used Constant Table to get the L3 Shared structure base address||Application needs to configure the address in offset 0xF0 (DRAM_L3BASEADDRESS_OFFSET) of DRAM1|
|Added profi_bsp.c file which has the definitions of common bsp functions. SOC_bsp.c has only platform specific function definitions||All the function definition in SOC_bsp.c file||Cleaner implementation|