Build date: 04012016
Click on the links in the table below to download.
TI has partnered with Red Hat to bring you a new and fully supported open source compiler. This free MSP430 GCC compiler has no code size limit.
This compiler can be used as a standalone or can be integrated in Code Composer Studio.
The MSP430-GCC 18.104.22.168 standalone package based on GCC compiler to 5.3.0 (msp430-15r1-105) will be the last release as maintained by Red Hat.
For future releases, Texas Instruments will be partnering with SOMNIUM Technologies for maintenance of the MSP430 GCC compiler.
Changes in This Release
- Updated GCC compiler to 5.3.0 (msp430-15r1-105)
- Mac OS X production release
- Updated support files to version 1.188
- Replaced macro in iomacros.h:
#define __interrupt(vec) __attribute__((__interrupt__(vec)))
#define __interrupt __attribute__((__interrupt__))
#define __interrupt_vec(vec) __attribute__((interrupt(vec)))
#define __interrupt(vec) __attribute__((__interrupt__(vec))) removed.
Please update your macro by the new one: change
- Components version
- GCC 5.3.0
- GDB 7.7
- binutils 2.25
- Newlib 2.2.0
- MSPDebugStack 22.214.171.124
- MSP430 GDB Agent 126.96.36.199
- Updated GCC compiler to 5.3.0 (buildid 105)
- 5.3.0 patches applied
- RRA/RLA performance tweak:
- New version.properties file in root directory with version=188.8.131.52 vendor=Red Hat
- Includes latest -mmcu devices list with hw mpy and ISA settings.
- If the -mmcu device is unknown then compiler chooses sw mpy and emits warning for user to set manually
- GCC compiler 5.2.1 (buidlid 50) changes vs. GCC compiler to 4.9.1 (buildid 364)
- Library size reduced by pulling out hw mpy routines to their own library
- Silicon errata updates:
- -msilicon-errata-warn= Passes on a request to the assembler to warn about various silicon errata
- -msilicon-errata= Passes on a request to the assembler to enable fixes for various silicon errata
- CPU8/CPU11/CPU13: added assembler warning
- CPU19: updated to add NOP after write to CPUOFF if following instruction has an indirect addressed operand. Also added assembler warning.
- Support added for new variable attribute "persistent" which allows for initializing once during load and then never again during resets/restarts.
- Invalid startup code for disabling watchdog in msp430/crt0.S was removed.
- Key Changes to Header & Support Files
- .persistent section added to linker script
- New file for symbol definitions is added for every device
- new macros added to iomacro.h
#define sfr_b(x) extern volatile unsigned char x
#define sfr_w(x) extern volatile unsigned int x
#define sfr_a(x) extern volatile unsigned long int x
#define sfr_l(x) extern volatile unsigned long int x
- heap memory support added to linker scripts
- Updated support files
- Added device support:
MSP430FR5994, MSP430FR59941, MSP430FR5992, MSP430FR5964,
MSP430FR5962, MSP430FR2311, MSP430FR2310
- Revised TAG_ADC10_1 values for applicable devices
- Added upper bss section in GCC linker files
- Removed invalid LCD definitions in CC430F514x header and support files
- Added CAPTIVATE registers
- Added mhwmult option in the GNU Compiler option with the CCS device.xml files
- Fixed AESOP_2 and AESOP_3 comments mismatch and typo
- Added new GCC linker symbols files
- Added missing GCC linker option in CCS xml files
- Changed 16bit access definitions for 32bit registers in GCC headers
- Corrected family definition for several FR2xx devices
- Removed unnecessary memory allocation in GCC linker files
- Added legacy definitions for FR413x BKMEM module
- Fixed register definitions in GCC header files for FR5994 and FR2311 family
- Removed invalid header and support files for FR5994 family devices
- The MSP430FR4133 (Gradon) is currently not fully supported by GDB + GDB Agent.
- When running the GNU debugger on Microsoft Windows, pressing Ctrl-C may terminate the debugger.
- The GDB Agent is not able to connect to MSP430L092 target devices.
- The GDB Agent is not able to connect to RF430FRL15xH target devices.
- MSP-FET430UIF is not supported on Mac OS X "El Capitan"
Releases maintained by Red Hat
- 4_00_00_900 Initial release (GCC 5.2.1 build 50, beta)
- 3_05_00_00 MSP430 Debug Stack, compiler, support files
- 3_04_05_01 MSP430 Debug Stack, compiler, support files
- 3_04_05_00 MSP430 Debug Stack, compiler, support files
- 3_03_04_00 MSP430 Debug Stack, compiler, support files
- 3_02_03_00 MSP430 Debug Stack, compiler, support files
- 3_02_02_00 MSP430 Debug Stack, compiler, support files
- 2_01_01_00 MSP430 Debug Stack update and compiler
- 2_00_00_00 Version 14r1-10, first official production release
- 1_01_00_00 Version 371, beta
- 1_00_01_00 Minor update - source code only (version 317, beta)
- 1_00_00_00 Initial release (version 271, beta)
Get started today in Windows, Linux or Mac OS X environments!
MSP430-GCC Product downloads
Fill in Form. Approved users receive download URL in 1 minute.
Fill in Form. TI will contact you in 1-2+ business days.
For more information