Codec Engine API Reference
The Codec Engine is partitioned into several components:
- The latest VISA APIs - Providing codec-specific interfaces, reflecting the XDM interfaces for the following classes:
- Video Trancoding
- General Purpose Algorithms
- Older VISA APIs continue to be supported, but to align with the XDM roadmap, they are deprecated in this release. These interfaces are comprised of the following:
- Also, this release includes Beta support for the following XDM interfaces:
Additionally, there are several utility modules provided:
- Memory - provides services to manage memory is OS independent environments. Also provides the ability to manage contiguous buffers meeting various alignment constraints.
- TraceUtil - provides utility services to easily manage tracing support.
- ladclient - provides wrappers to allow communication with the Link Arbiter Daemon (LAD).
Note that the previously available ti.sdo.ce.trace GT module has been moved into ti.sdo.utils.trace, and is now distributed as a part of Framework Components. (The package still exists and redirects users to the new location) You will now find GT documentation in that product.