2.5.1. USB Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) Boot Fix¶
In 08.06 release, USB Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) boot failure was observed as required ENV variable definitions for USB DFU boot from U-Boot SPL were not available, leaving R5 U-Boot SPL unable to continue with the DFU boot process.
Following steps can be used to fix the issue:-
- Cherry-pick this commit inside U-Boot directory in (<installer-path>/board-support/) included in SDK https://git.ti.com/cgit/ti-u-boot/ti-u-boot/commit/?h=ti-u-boot-2021.01-next&id=28c75c2713915a122e5d39311ae7416ca35c0532
git fetch git cherry-pick 28c75c2713
- Build the bootloader images using default “am62x_evm_r5_usbdfu_defconfig” and “am62x_evm_a53_defconfig” configs files. Following steps can be followed to build bootloader images using top-level makefile in SDK.
- Following change is needed in Rules.make
- Build the bootloader images using top-level makefile by running following commands in top level of SDK.
make u-boot make sysfw-image
- To build bootloader binaries without using top-level makefile please refer to Build U-Boot.
- USB Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) Boot now can be used. For steps refer to USB Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU).