MSP430ware 1_20_01_08 Product Download Page
Build date: 07092012
Click on the links in the table below to download.
What is MSP430Ware?
MSP430Ware is a collection of code examples, datasheets and other
design resources for ALL MSP430 devices delivered in a convenient
package - essentially everything developers need to become MSP430
experts! Much like Stellaris MCU's StellarisWare and C2000 MCU's
ControlSUITE, MSP430Ware also includes high level peripheral driver
libraries to make it easy to talk to MSP430 hardware. As of today,
MSP430 Driver Library supports 5 and 6 series devices.
- Collection of MSP430 design resources
- Sleek & intuitive GUI for browsing content
- Automatic filtering of content using a unique 2-pane view
- Auto-updates through the web
- Features the new MSP430 Driver Library
- Available as a CCS plugin or standalone executable
Learn more about MSP430Ware and the Brand New Driver Library
MSP430Ware @ a glance
MSP430 Driver Library, Delivered through MSP430Ware
MSP430 Driver Library is a simple API that
makes it easy to talk to your MSP430 5 series and 6 series devices.
Driver Library's abstracted API keeps you above the bits and bytes of
the MSP430 hardware by providing easy-to-use function calls. Thorough
documentation is delivered through a helpful API Guide, which includes
details on each function call and the recognized parameters. Developers
can use Driver Library functions to write complete projects with
Program unlike ever before with MSP430 Driver Library
Download MSP430Ware featuring Driver Library Now!
How do I MSP430Ware?
MSP430Ware is available as a
component of Code Composer Studio (CCS), or as a standalone package.
When delivered as a component of Code Composer Studio, the MSP430Ware
package can be navigated through a sleek GUI within the TI Resource
Explorer window in CCS.
Whats new in MSP430ware 1.20.01
- Recommended. To get MSP430Ware and GUI-based front end, simply install the latest version of Code Composer Studio version 5.1 (or 5.2 when available in May) from the table below
- Alternatively, MSP430Ware is available as a standalone package.
However, this will only provide the folder structure of the MSP430Ware
package, and will not have a GUI-based front end. Download the
MSP430Ware executable in the table below.
- All FR57xx and FR59xx (Wolverine) devices require CCS 5.2+ and IAR 5.40+.
Extra Information for CCS 4.2.4 and IAR 5.20
- Update to MSP430ware and drverLib 1.20 with support for CCS 5.2.1
- eUSCI/USCI performance enhancement.
- Bug fixes and enhancements for 5xx_6xx devices.
4.2.4 and IAR 5.20 do not have the required header files needed for
MSP430ware driver library. MSP430ware driver library
1.00 had a copy of these files in the deprecated folder. As
of MSP430ware 1.10 these files have been incorporated into the
IDE so have been removed from the product. If using an
older IDE, please also download legacy_ccs_headers.zip or
legacy_iar_headers.zip and follow the following instructions for
installing the header files.
- Download the legacy header file for the IDE being used.
- Navigate to the installation directory of MSP430ware 1.10 (default msp430ware_1_10_00_xx).
- Unzip legacy_ccs_headers.zip (CCS) or legacy_iar_headers.zip (IAR) in the MSP430ware installation directory (over write any existing files).