22.214.171.124. TSN with CPSW¶
TI Common Platform Ethernet Switch (CPSW) supports TSN features such as:
- PTP (Precision Time Protocol) [IEEE-1588, IEEE-802.1AS]
- EST (Enhancements for Scheduled Traffic) [IEEE-802.1Qbv]
- FQTSS / CBS (Credit Based Shaper) [IEEE-802.1Qav]
- IET (Interspersing Express Traffic) [IEEE-802.3br, IEEE-802.1Qbu]
- The tests have been performed on TI’s J7VCL with CPSW5G in QSGMII/SGMII modes and on TI’s AM625-SK with CPSW3G in RGMII mode.
- TI’s AM64-SK with CPSW3G in RGMII mode has been used to assist in the testing process.
- TSN testing has been done in MAC mode as well as SWITCH mode.
- The test setup and the scripts are documented in this page to help replicate the tests with appropriate changes if required.
- The outputs for each of the performed tests have also been documented.
- For all the tests, CONFIG_TI_K3_AM65_CPTS has to be enabled in kernel config.
- For additional information, refer Common Platform Time Sync (CPTS) module
- For tuning the TSN features in Switch Mode, refer TSN Switch Tuning Guide