SYS/BIOS 6.81.01.07 GA Release Notes
SYS/BIOS 6.81.01.07 is a GA of SYS/BIOS. CCS users must use CCSv10.0.0 or higher.
Please read the SYS/BIOS User’s Guide for help installing and setting up your environment to use SYS/BIOS 6.81.01.07.
The following documentation is provided with this release. These documents are also available via the CCS Eclipse help table of contents.
- SYS/BIOS User’s Guide
- SYS/BIOS User’s Guide: Device Addendum
- SYS/BIOS APIs (cdoc) (Indexed and Searchable within CCS/Eclipse Help)
- Static Analysis Report
License and manifest.
Additional online sources of documentation.
Release notes from previous releases are also available in the release notes archive directory.
SYS/BIOS 6.81.01.07 GA Release (this release).
- This is new SYS/BIOS distribution that supports only the SimpleLink MCU devices (CC13XX, CC26XX, CC32XX, and MSP432E4). Other devices are supported with SYS/BIOS 6.82.0x and future 6.x releases.
- This distribution is only available as a component within the SimpleLink SDKs. It is not available as a separate download.
- Updated to latest compilers.
Defects Fixed in SYS/BIOS 6.81.01.07 (Fixes since SYS/BIOS 6.80.00):
|JIRA Issue ID||Summary|
|SYSBIOS-1386||Add User’s Guide Device Addendum with Cortex-M info (from external wiki)|
|SYSBIOS-1369||Update Timer_enableCC26XX() to use new PRCMPowerDomainsAllOn() driverlib API|
|SYSBIOS-1397||add –debug to IAR build to help C-ROV find symbols|
|SYSBIOS-1349||SYSBIOS shall support an M4 Agama Build|
|SYSBIOS-1367||add option to CortexM Hwi module to not auto-generate vector placement|
Upgrade and Compatibility Information
SYS/BIOS 6.75 and 6.80
- Binary compatible. Libaries built against SYS/BIOS 6.75.0x and 6.80.00 .h files can be used with 6.81.00.
SYS/BIOS 6.73, 6.70, 6.55, 6.53, 6.52, 6.51, 6.50, 6.46 and 6.45
- Source compatible with one exception (Task_setPri()). All APIs are supported but all source files must be recompiled due to some structure/field changes in .h files.
- Task_setPri() return value changed from UInt to Int. The return value was inconsistent with the priority parameter to the function call itself.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7
- Ubuntu 10.04 or newer
- Mac OS X
This release of SYS/BIOS was built and tested with the following dependencies:
- Code Composer Studio v10.0.0
- XDCTools 3.61.00.16
- TI Code Generation Tools
- ARM version 20.2.0.LTS
- GNU Code Generation Tools
- ARM gcc-arm-none-eabi-9-2019-q4-major
- IAR Code Generation Tools
- ARM version 8.50.1
- See Device Support Section below.
- Supports CC13X2/CC26X2, CC32XX and MSP432E4 device families.
- Validated using above tools on CC13X2/CC26X2, CC32XX and MSP432E4 device families.
For a full description of Benchmarks please see the appendices in the SYS/BIOS 6 User’s Guide.
All releases have 4 digits (M.mm.pp.bb). This includes GA and pre-releases (engineering, alpha/EA, beta, etc.). Pre-releases are denoted with a suffix (e.g. 6.30.00.00-eng or 6.30.00.10-beta).
This product’s version follows a version format, M.mm.pp.bb, where M is a single digit Major number, mm is 2 digit minor number, pp is a 2 digit patch number, and bb is an unrestricted set of digits used as an incrementing build counter.
To support multiple side-by-side installations of the product, the product version is encoded in the top level directory (e.g. bios_6_30_00_00).
Subsequent releases of patch upgrades will be identified by the patch number, ex. SYS/BIOS 6.30.01.15 with directory bios_6_30_01_15. Typically, these patches only include critical bug fixes.
Please note that version numbers and compatibility keys are NOT the same. For an explanation of compatibility keys, please refer to the Upgrade and Compatibility Information section.
Technical Support and Product Updates
Last updated: May 15, 2020 Build Ver: 6.81.01.07