Build date: 01142019
Click on the links in the table below to download.
OpenOCD for SimpleLink™ Connected MCUs is now available.
This release extends the capability of OpenOCD version 0.10.0 by providing support for SimpleLink MCU devices and the XDS110 debug probe.
The Simplelink OpenOCD v1_1 software pack consists of:
- openocd: Full OpenOCD 0.10.0 with added support for Simplelink Connected MCU devices.
- openocd.pdf: Complete OpenOCD documentation detailing the additional support added to OpenOCD to support SimpleLink devices.
- xds110: Drivers, firmware, and utilities for the XDS110 debug probe.
- Maintenance release to address issues found in 1.0.
- Resolved issues with reset handling for CC13xx and CC26xx devices.
- Resolved issues with the program command for CC13xx and CC26xx devices.
- Resolved reset run issue for CC32xx devices (core would not start).
- Resolved flash info creash on Cygwin 64-bit for MSP432.
- Resolved gdb crash when erasing flash on CC13xx and CC26xx devices.
- Added support for stand-alone XDS110 Pod.
- Adds MSP432P4, MSP432E4, CC32xx, and CC3220SF to OpenOCD.
- Adds CC13x0 and CC26x0 (beta with limited support) to OpenOCD.
- Supports flash programming on all MSP432P4 and MSP432E4 devices.
- Supports flash programming for CC3220SF internal flash.
- Supports flash programming on CC13xx and CC26xx devices.
- Adds XDS110 debug probe (both embedded and stand-alone) to OpenOCD.
- Supports Launchpads with embedded XDS110 debug probes.
- MSP432P4 and MSP432E4 Launchpads.
- CC3200 and CC3220 Launchpads.
- CC3220SF Launchpads (with internal flash).
- CC13x0 Launchpads.
- CC26x0 Launchpads.
- CC13x2 Launchpads.
- CC26x2 Launchpads.
- CC3220SF (with internal flash)
- Texas Instruments XDS110 JTAG Debug Probe
- Serial flash on CC3200 and CC3220 is not supported by this package. Internal flash on CC3220SF is protected by security code and may be erased when the device is reset. For details, see Section 21.10 "Debugging Flash User Application Using JTAG" of the CC3220 TRM: http://www.ti.com/lit/pdf/swru465.
- OpenOCD does not support cJTAG 2-pin modes used by CC13xx and CC26xx devices. If an application running on the device reconfigures the TDO and TDI pins, debugging will not be possible using OpenOCD.
- Mass erase is not supported on CC13xx and CC26xx devices.
- The verify option for the program command may take a long time to complete on some devices.
- XDS110 Pod (standalone debug probe) is not supported by this release.
- XDS110 connection may not be reliable when running on a virtual machine such as VirtualBox.
simplelink-openocd Product downloads
Fill in Form. Approved users receive download URL in 1 minute.
Fill in Form. TI will contact you in 1-2+ business days.
For more information