SmartRF Packet Sniffer 2 includes software and firmware to capture and display over-the-air packets with Wireshark. SmartRF Packet Sniffer 2 supports CC13xx and CC26xx family of devices as capture device.
This document describes the installation and setup of hardware and software. The SmartRF Packet Sniffer 2 package includes the following components:
- SmartRF Sniffer Agent (PC tool) for configuration and communication with the capture device.
- Firmware that enables CC13xx or CC26xx LaunchPads to be used as capture device.
- Firmware source code.
- Dissectors for Wireshark.
The packet sniffer supports packet capture of the following protocols:
- IEEE 802.15.4 (2.4 GHz frequency),
- Wi-SUN/IEEE 802.15.4ge (sub-1 GHz frequency),
- Bluetooth Low Energy (decryption of encrypted packets is not supported),
- TI EasyLink and proprietary protocols.
- TI Wireless Battery Management System (wBMS) protocol.