This chapter provides information on some of the terminology and abbreviations used throughout the other chapters.
- Integrated Development Enviornment A collection of tools for editing, building and debugging an application.
- Debug Probe The physical debug interface used to connect your host computer to the development board that enables debug control of the device.
- Emulator Legacy TI term for debug probe.
- Code Generation Tools Often used to describe the package that includes the compiler, linker, assembler and related tools.
- Software Development Kit Contains software, libraries and examples for developing software applications for a given device.
- CCS Code Composer Studio
- IDE Integrated Development Environment
- CGT Code Generation Tools
- SDK Software Development Kit